What are we trying to build?
We are building a business app called “Bahi-Khata”. The main purpose of building this is to maintain the business transactions done by the customers. It will keep track of customer transactions and will give a clear picture for the businessman regarding their sales, purchases , profitability.
Technologies used ?
We have used the following packages for our project:
- Express: Express is a Node.js web application framework that provides a robust set of features for web and mobile applications.
- JsonWebTokens: It is used to securely transmit information between the parties as an JSON object. It is used for Authorization of a user.
- Bcrypt: It is used to hash the password. It makes a password more secure against brute force attacks, since the attacker now needs a lot more time to test each possible key.
- Sequelize: Sequelize is a promise-based Node.js ORM for SQL database. It follows Semantic Versioning.
- Express-Validator: This package is used for validation purposes like password should be minimum 6 characters, name field is required etc.
- Nodemailer: Using nodemailer, we are sending the OTP to verify the Email ID of the user.
Future Scope of Improvement?
We are planning to send the notification to the user before the due date of transaction of the customer stating the dues. We are also planning to implement 3rd Party Authentication. Along with this, we are also planning to add bank details so that users can send money or request money from the customers.
This application is deployed on heroku and the link is: