What are we trying to build?
Bazaar is on online P2P (person to person) marketplace somewhat like a classified where users can buy and sell items
- list items with the price
- list items within their category and city
- wishlist an item
- send quotations on item
- signup as a new user
- use google OAuth for login and signup
- user can edit their profile
Why did we choose to work on this?
The reason why we selected this project is that it involves a fair amount of database operations like creating, updating, deleting records and it also involves uploading and deleting files from the server moreover it's market-relevant.
Technologies used and why?
- React for interactive nature
- Redux for managing application state
- Redux-thunk for return a function instead of an action object
- React-google-login for OAuth login
- Axios for API calls
- Jwt-decode for decoding jwt token
- Redux-persist for saving state object to persisted storage.
- Reselect for caching on localstorage
- Express Framework
- Uploading and storing images - Multer with Cloudinary
- Database - MongoDB Atlas
- Deployment - Heroku
- Bcryptjs - for hashing password
- Jsonwebtoken - for Authorisation
- Passport - for Authentication
- chatbox for interaction between buyer and seller
- promotion of items
- adding multiple cities and categories