Bitcoin Price Notifier
As we all know, the Bitcoin price is a fickle thing. You never really know where it’s going to be at the end of the day. So, instead of constantly checking various sites for the latest updates, let’s make a Python app that runs as a command-line tool to do the work for you.
Although many alternatives exist such as Firebase/Custom Web Sockets, we recommend using the popular automation website IFTTT. IFTTT (“if this, then that”) is a web service that bridges the gap between different apps and devices.
- Install the IFTTT App to receive the notifications
- Telegram App and follow this channel
- Twitter account and follow this account
- An email account for emergency price alert
As we this script will fetch the data from an API so install requests for that by using
pip install requests
Bitcoin notifier is a python script which will be used for bitcoin notification.By running this script user will get regular and emergency updates of bitcoin according to the chosen and default parameters.
Bitcoin notifier have two IFTTT applets:
- One for emergency notification when Bitcoin price falls under a certain threshold
The emergency notifications will be sent to the user's email address.
And on the IFTTT
- Second for regular updates on the Bitcoin price
The regular updates by default will be sent to the user on telegram upon following the channel.
Users can also choose the destination of regular notification from Telegram and twitter.