What is the project?
Career Door is a website similar to glassdoor, naukri.com which displays reviews of companies, information about companies, their salaries etc as well as allows to add your own credentials as well.
Live Project Link | GitHub Link
Which technologies have we used in this project?
- React for frontend designing.
- Postgres for the backend.
- Express, body-parser, Cloudinary, bcrypt, jsonwebtoken, sequelize, chalk, cors, multer on server-side these are few dependencies we used.
- Bootstrap, mdbreact, reactstrap, react-redux, react toastify, redux-thunk, react-router-dom are few dependencies for enhanced frontend user experience and state management.
- PostgresSQL for the database.
- Node.js for the backend.
What problems did we faced in our project ?
- We had limited time constraint to implementing the project so we couldn’t include more functionalities like showing graph, displaying random data.
- Connecting backend with the frontend for the authenticated user was little tricky and we used JWT token to solve this.
What features can be added in future versions?
- A page which displays a graph of ratings given by the user.
- Separate functionalities for recruiter and job seeker for better user experience.
- Social media connecting functionality.
- Login using google or Facebook id.
- Display articles related to jobs/motivation posters etc.
- Monetization for advertisement display.