Stage 1 Project (Out of 3 Stages)
This project was developed by AttainU Students.
What are we trying to build?
We had built an online platform for pet adoption in which user can:
• List pet animals with their breeds.
• List pet animals with their category(either dogs or cats).
• Add pet for adoption.
• Request pet for adoption.
• Like or dislike pet.
• Sign up as a new user.
• Login/logout into the account.
• User can accept or delete the request for adoption.
• Notify through e-mail.
• Check success stories(all the adopted pets).
Why did we choose to work on this?
The reason why we selected this project is that it involves a fair amount of database operations like creating, updating, deleting records and it also involves uploading and deleting files from the server.
• Solves a realistic problem.
• Lack of such a platform in our country.
Technologies used and why?
• Google auto-search place API (for auto suggestion of the location), Breeds API of Dogs and Cats.
• NPM modules tinify (for image compression without degrading the image quality), multer (for handling the files), cloudinary (for storing images),
• md5(password encryption hashing algorithm), sendgrid(for sending emails), hbs (template engine), hover.css( for animation)
• For the database, we have used MongoDB which is a NoSQL database. One of the best things about MongoDB is that there are no restrictions on schema design. It allows using an unstructured query language. Besides that, the main benefit it has over MySQL is its ability to handle large unstructured data.
Future scope of improvement?
In future, we would like to include -
• Social media authentication like facebook, twitter, google etc
• Auto detecting users location for displaying pets in that location.
• Search pet according to the location.