SOCIAL MEDIA APP
Social media is an interactive computer-mediated technology that facilitates the creation or sharing of information, ideas, career interests and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks.
Motivation: we wanted to build an app which allows you to reach people locally, regionally, nationally and even internationally. To provide a platform where people can connect with other people around the world. To share their thoughts and get to know other cultures around the world.
- HTML: Hypertext Markup Language is the standard markup language for documents designed to be displayed in a web browser
- Material UI: Material-UI is an open-source project that features React components that implement Google’s Material Design.
- Express.js: Express is a minimal and flexible Node.js web application framework that provides a robust set of features for web and mobile applications.
MongoDB (mongoose) :MongoDB is a cross-platform document-oriented database program. Classified as a NoSQL database program, MongoDB uses JSON-like documents with schema. Mongoose is an Object Data Modeling (ODM) library for MongoDB and Node. js. It manages relationships between data, provides schema validation, and is used to translate between objects in code and the representation of those objects in MongoDB.
- Signup and Login
- Create a profile.
- Edit profile(Change Name, Profile picture, Self details, cover picture).
- Share posts(Photos, Text posts).
- Comment and Like on Posts.
- Search other people’s profiles
- Follow/unfollow other users.
- Reset password via email.
- UI can be improved.
- Responsiveness of the app can be improved.
- The personal chat feature can be added.
- User stories feature can be added.