Stage 1 Project (Out of 3 Stages)
This project was developed by AttainU Students.
What are we trying to build?
Building a travel website, which will allow anyone to retrieve flight details (ticket price, airline name), so that customer can book a flight according to their convenience. We also have a section to book hotels, which will allow a customer to make hotel reservations.
Why did we choose this project?
It’s a real-world application, helping customers make flight & hotel bookings.
Learn how travel websites work.
How to use API to get relevant information.
Technologies used and why?
1. Bootstrap: Easy to use, responsiveness, consistency 2. NodeJS: Easier and scalable, Multiple modules (NPM, Grunt, etc.) and supportive community 3. ExpressJS: Server-side JS Framework. It is simple, flexible, scalable. 4. JWT: For authentication 5. Bcrypt: Hashing password 6. Body-Parser: For parsing data 7. HBS: Render pages dynamically 8. MongoDB: Storing details in DB 9. Twilio: To send sms to the customer
Future scope of improvement?
1. Improve UI and make it more interactive
2. Sort flights according to price
3. Add cancel option for flights and hotels
4. Add blog section
5. Send email for flight and hotel bookings